My experience of tragedy, trials, and triumphs!
If you're new here start by reading the "My name is Julie" post first!!!

Popular Posts

Friday, June 13, 2014

A Tribute to My Parents and Their 40 Years of Marriage...













My parents have been an amazing support my entire life.  It is Father's Day and their 40th Wedding anniversary on Sunday, June 15.  I'm posting about them to show my appreciation for all they have done...and let everyone know how lucky I have been through out my life.

They were always great parents and great examples.  They started their family early and I loved having young parents.  My parents always showed love to each other and to all of us kids.  They were very involved with everything that all of the 7 kids were doing.

When I started my family they were even better grandparents!  I was the first to start a family.  They loved having us come and visit and were very involved in my kids life.  We were 2 hours away...but we visited very frequently on the weekends.

When Jake died it was my Dad that answered the phone.  When I heard him say "Hello" in a sleepy voice I just lost it and started sobbing..."Jake's dead!!  You have to come here NOW!"  It probably wasn't the best way to handle it...but it was all I was capable of.  He asked for some details and I passed the phone over to my friend to explain.  My family was by my side just a few hours later, around 3 or 4 in the morning.  When my parents were driving down they both had the feeling that I was pregnant again.  As they arrived at my house and came to the door my Dad heard Jake say to him, "Gary, take care of my boys."  I can say over 10 years later that he has indeed taken care of Jake's boys.

My parents have been to all the baseball game, football games, basketball game, baptisms, school Halloween parades, school programs, church programs, priesthood ordinations, and have taken the kids for sleepovers countless times.  They have given baths, swept my floors, made dinners, helped "un-stash" a hoarding child's bedroom, done laundry, as well as a ton of other things.  They have helped teach my kids, taught the proper use of knives, showed them how to work, taught them how to use tools, taken them hiking, boating, and fishing.  They have coached them, spoiled them, and taught them life lessons.  The list could go on forever.

I will be forever grateful for the amazing blessing my parents have been to me and my children.  I love you Mom and Dad!!!  Happy Anniversary and Happy Father's Day!!!

*Follow me on my Facebook page!
**Read my original story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment