My experience of tragedy, trials, and triumphs!
If you're new here start by reading the "My name is Julie" post first!!!

Popular Posts

Monday, May 19, 2014

Speaking in Lacey, WA

This weekend I flew up to Lacey, WA to be the speaker at their Stake Relief Society Women's Conference.  It was a lot of fun for me to do.  It definitely got me out of my comfort zone!  The ladies in the Stake RS Presidency took great care of me.  They picked me up from the airport and I stayed at Nancy's house (RS Pres.).  They treated me to dinner and were so sweet all weekend.  I met so many amazing women that have their own unique stories.

I have never traveled alone...I have gone as the only adult with kids, but never alone.  I don't like being alone!  I never have. (I know, I know...I have 10 kids and should relish in any moment alone!)  I just love to be around people...especially my family.  I really had a great time though.

A couple of my kids were sick last week and I was worried that I would get sick before I had to speak.  I prayed that I wouldn't get sick before, and that I would be able to speak and give the message that the Lord would have me give.  (I should have asked not to get sick at all;)

I spoke on Sat. afternoon and felt 100%.  I really felt great and it went really well.  I love speaking and sharing my story, my trials, my triumphs and most importantly my testimony.  After I spoke we had lunch and I visited with all the women.  Everyone had so many kind things to say to me.  What no one knows though, is that just 10 mins. after I talked with the last lady leaving the conference I got very sick.  I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  At first I thought maybe it was because of speaking.  I called Curtis and told him that it must have been extremely emotionally draining for me to speak, because I was feeling so awful.  After resting for a little while I thought maybe it was allergies to all the AMAZING flowers in WA.  By the end of the night however I realized that I had the same illness that my family had been passing around.

What a testimony builder for me to know that Heavenly Father allowed me to feel 100% for the speaking.  I had no clue how sick I was about to become!  I know without a doubt that I was blessed to feel good before and during the conference.  Sure, it would have been nice to not get sick at all...but that was not what I asked for.  I literally asked that I wouldn't be sick before and during the conference.  (I'll be sure to be more specific next time;)

It has been such a blessing to share my story with people.  I know that it is what Heavenly Father wants me to do.  It feels so healing for me to share and feel like others can learn from my experiences and feel the love their Savior has for them.

My family has been so supportive of me this last few months.  Curtis had all the kids to church on time at 8:30 am. and my teenager even dressed little Sis in a dress with a matching flower in her hair.  I love my family so much!


To read my original story click here.
**Follow me on my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment